Get your Free ticket for the 2nd Annual “I Survived!” Event. We hope to see you there.
Your natural hair is your crown. You have to do whatever it takes to protect and preserve it. Here are 10 tips on how to take care of your natural hair:
1. Moisturize your hair with a daily moisturizing creme.
2. Eat a Healthy well Balance diet as well as drinking water that is half of your body weight.
3. Feed your curls with vitamins with healthy fats. Check out of blog post about the 6 food for health hair for more healthy food tips.
4. Start a hair diary to see what hair products you have used and what works best for your hair type.
5. Comb your hair wet with conditioner while using wide tooth comb.
6. Give your hair a break a few times a week with protective hair styles like buns and braids.
7. Wash your hair once a week
8. Wear your hair in a satin bonnet at night only!
9 Always ask your stylist what are the new and updated products you can use on your hair.
10. Love what you have and try different types of hairstyles
Art Tech Hair Studio is excited to announce that on August 24.2018 will be our 20th years anniversary of exceptional services. We are very appreciative and honor that our clients over the past 20 years have entrusted us with taking care of their natural hair needs.
Art Tech Hair Studio isn’t like other salons……..
Summer is the perfect time for protective hairstyles. Natural braids styles and braids with extensions are the most common styles during the summer months. After leaving the stylist, many clients don’t have clear understanding on how to maintain the health of their hair while their hair is in a protective style for the summer. Here are 4 best practice tips that will keep your hair healthy this summer:
Tip #1: Keep your extension in your hair for only 4-6 weeks.
We know that clients put extension in their hair for time sake. We know that they are called extension but, don’t extend the life of your extension longer than the recommended time frame. If you keep your extension longer than the recommended time frame, you put your hair at risk for shedding, dryness, and breakage.
Here at Art Tech Studio, we are all about healthy hair. Here are 10 tips to add to your hair care routine:
Shampooing to often cause dryness. Instead, shampoo hair minimum of every 3 days.
The curlier the hair, the longer it takes for natural oils to travel, so always condition.
Excess heat alters the proteins that give curls their spiral shape, so reduce your heat when using a flat iron (ideal heat 250 degrees, 275 degrees, being the most)
What you eat matters a lot to the health of your hair. Starvation or fad diets will leave a mark on your hair making it thin and weak. You should try eating nuts, fruits, vegetables and seeds.
Comb gently with a comb that has wide teeth to detangle hair.
Get your hair trimmed every 8 weeks
Don’t blow dry without a diffuser
Have your stylist recommended shampoo and conditioner designed for your hair type.
Avoid excessive use of hair products.
We all know that with summer, excessive sweating comes with it. Professional shampoos and conditioners are a key to keeping our hair healthy and happy. When our body needs water, our hair need moisture. The Hair Elements Upscale Exclusive System is ideal for at home care to keep your hair in the best shape for this summer season. The Hair Elements Upscale Exclusive System feature the following products:
Entitled for its innermost hydration, this moisturizing shampoo detangles and conditions. Panthenol delivers shine while (ionic) hydrolyzed wheat proteins rebuild damaged areas of the cuticle layer.
We are serious about health hair. Here are 6 super food that will promote healthy hair.
- Salmon: Is rich with omega 3 and fatty acids. It is a high quality of protein source and is pack with vitamin B12. It support the health of your scalp.
- Dark Green Vegetable: Dark green vegetable has vitamins A and C. It produce sebum which is an oily substance that is a natural hair conditioner. It is also rich with iron and calcium.
- Beans: legumes like kidney beans and lentils are very important if you want to achieve health hair. They are rich with protein that will promote hair growth. They also provide Iron, zinc, and biotin. If you suffer from biotin deficiencies, it can result in brittle hair. Expert recommend 3 or more cups of beans per a week.
- Sunflower Seeds: Full with vitamin E that enhance blood flow to the scalp and promote faster hair growth
- Sweet Potatoes: Packed with beta Carotene it will promote both hair growth and healthy scalp.
- Chia and flax seeds: Rich with omega 3s these seed will keep your healthy and shiny
Bonus: If you are reading this blog. You will receive 10% off one of your services on your next appointment. Just present this blog post to the salon coordinator.
Art Tech Hair Studio….More than a Salon!
#1 product at Art Tech Hair Studio is Essations Cream Shine. It is a light hairdressing that is enriched with protein that adds natural sheen and moisture to the hair. It is a heat activated pomade, so every time heat is applied to the hair, the shine will be enhanced. This lightweight cream is great for natural and relaxed hair.
This product works great with our hydro system (a $20 service) which help improves hair elasticity and equalize the porosity in the hair. It brings lifeless, dry brittle hair back to life after hair cuticles are damaged for a long period of time. With the combination of Essations Cream Shine and our Hydro system, your hair texture will be revealed like never before.
You can get your very own Essations Cream Shine your next visit. Just ask the Salon Coordinator at check out. Today is your lucky day. For reading this blog, your next visit to Art Tech Hair Studio you will receive $10 off. Just show this blog post at check out.
You deserve to take care of you. You have the right to self-love. You can achieve this by reclaiming your time and give yourself permission to self-care. It may be hard to give up control of your personal responsibilities but, it’s better to lose control of your responsibilities than to lose control of your peace of mind.
We often look for the perfect time to consider if we are worthy enough to enjoy our time. Instead of looking for the perfect time, we should look for the perfect opportunity. Opportunities come a dime a dozen. They are not often planned but, they always find a way to show up in our lives. The only requirement is to be prepared for the unexpected; which shouldn’t be a problem because our lives are filled with them.
When the next opportunity comes your way, think of Art Tech Hair Studio. We are here for you. We will pamper you with fresh warm towels after every shampoo. We offer a foot rest, coffee, or tea while you are under the dryer. You will have a moment to ease your mind as our expert stylist remind you that it is okay for you to give yourself a little Tender, love, and Care (T.L.C.)
Reclaim your time and self- love with Art Tech Hair Studio
Say goodbye to the days where you have to wait hours on end to get your desired hair do. Say Hello to professional hair services in a timely manner. Art Tech Hair Studio is your way of telling the world that you are reclaiming your time!
Art Tech Hair Studio is more than a salon. Our clients are our guest! It’s not just about hair for us; it’s the overall well being of our clients as soon as they walk in our door. Every appointment is pre-booked and the stylists will be right there waiting to serve you. We respect your time and will be honored to have you as our guest.
As soon as you enter our door, you will be greeted with a warm welcome and a tour of our salon. We will offer water, coffee, or tea. Our stylists will give a wonderful head massage as they shampoo your hair. Your services will be done in a professional and timely manner that you will wonder where the time has gone once your hair appointment is completed.
Art Tech Hair Studio…..more than a salon!